Who we are
First Refuge Ministries believes that every person has worth and value because they are created by God. We aim to honor God and bring Him glory by reaching out to our under-served neighbors with an open door, healing hands and a generous heart prepared to serve, love and encourage others no matter who they are. Our goal is to minister to the entire person, including physical, emotional and spiritual needs, by offering essential services to those in our community.
Restoring People + Serving the Church.
Hover or click the letters
- Ministry founded by Jeff Williams after a community assessment determined social service needs in Denton
- Food Pantry begins
- Medical Clinic begins
- Counseling begins
- Services expand to Dental through collaboration with Denton Bible Church at Denton Dental Mission
- First Annual Gala
- Became a clinical site for TWU for dental hygiene students
- First Mustache Dash
- Denton Dental Mission becomes First Refuge Dental
- Second food pantry opens at Heritage Oaks
- Medical Clinic begins offering no-cost well woman exams
- Became a clinical site for NCTC nursing students
- First Refuge Sanger established, offering medical, counseling, and food services through a collaboration between Texas Health Resources, Sanger ISD, and First Baptist Church Sanger
- Pop-up Food Sites established at Mt. Calvary Baptist Church, Towne North Baptist Church, and Christian Center Assembly of God Church in Krum.
- School Grocery Store established inside Linda Tutt High School in Sanger.
- Community Strong Farm
- School Grocery Store established inside North Texas Community College in Gainesville.